GO! is organised by the public body called ‘GO! onderwijs van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap’ and it represents public education in Flanders, organised by the Flemish Community. Despite being financed by the Flemish Government, it functions independently of the Flemish Ministry of Education. Apart from GO! there is also the subsidised public network, run by our provinces and municipalities, and the subsidised free network, mainly organised by groups affiliated to the Catholic church.
GO! offers education at all levels, except for higher education. GO! schools are spread all over Flanders and the Brussels-Capital Region. Many GO! schools have several locations, in different areas of a town or city.
Their organisation represents:
- approximately 1000 schools and facilities
- more than 320,000 pupils and trainees
- 15% to 20% of the total amount of pupils in Flanders and Brussels
36,000 staff members
GO! would like to have a single communication and collaboration platform for their internal service teams and external GO! professionals in order to:
- Improve the communication & collaboration internally and externally (GO! professionals like teachers, directors and other school staff)
- Tailor content, based on their profile information
- Consolidate and secure the data
- Easily share and find relevant information
- Offer an efficient and user-friendly tool
After a thorough functional and technical analysis, we facilitated the elaboration of a customised portal, in combination with several web content management features that are offered by the SharePoint platform. We utilised claim augmentation and authorisation to provide our users a personalised user experience.
- Each user has a personalised view of news, instruments, favourites, etc.
- Access to an online library with thousands of books, studies, reports and magazines
- Access to GO! documentation like curriculums, policies, etc.
- Access to a people directory, that has a quick search for colleagues to connect with
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Microsoft Office 365
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Claim-Based Authentication/Authorization
- Client-side development: React
- Server-side development: C# .NET
- Date: Oct 2017 - ongoing
- Client: Vlaamse Gemeenschap
- Categories: Office 365, SharePoint